Whole-body cryotherapy is a process involving the application of very low temperatures to one's body.
The process is carried out in a machine known as a Cryosauna and lasts for only 3 minutes. During this time, with temperatures ranging from -120˚C to -170˚C, the nervous system is stimulated through the skin's receptors, causing peripheral vasoconstriction. It has been proven that this process gradually causes insensibility to pain, reduction of inflammation and tissue regeneration.
This very short stay in the Cryosauna does not affect one's body temperature since the frozen mixture of air that is created does not contain any moisture whatsoever. Moreover, exposure to cold accelerates the production of endorphins, enzymes and dopamine, giving you a sense of euphoria and well-being right after a session in the Cryosauna. It also results in the natural recovery of one's body at a faster pace.
Benefits of Cryotherapy
Cryotherapy stimulates the body's natural self-healing properties. The very low temperatures bring positive results on 3 levels: the circulatory system, the nervous system and the meridians, making it an exceptional holistic approach method. The Cryosauna is considered safe and activates all the body's natural defences.
By applying very low temperatures (up to -190˚C) for a short period, we are able to "awaken" our body's self-treatment mechanisms by freezing the outer layer of the skin for 1 to 3 minutes, and we also manage to increase our metabolic rate, boost our immune system, and reduce stress and fatigue, resulting in the immediate improvement of our quality of life.
Cryosauna is beneficial on many levels.
- Cryosauna is beneficial on many levels.
- Increase in energy levels
- Fast recovery after intense training
- Substantial reduction of recovery time after injury
- Improved functionality and increased range of joint movement
- Reduced delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS)
- Cell regeneration and prevention of inflammation
- Alleviation of muscular pain
- Assistance in achieving high-level training
- Fights skin disorders (psoriasis, dermatitis, etc.)
- Improvement of circulatory system
- Improvement of haemoglobin levels
- Fights inflammations such as tendinitis, folliculitis, etc.
- Treats spinal injuries
- Treats ankylosing spondylitis
- Treats rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis
- Treats musculoskeletal injuries such as fractures, etc.
- Boosts the immune system
- Faster post-operative recovery
- Treats muscle pain and osteoporosis
- Treats damages to the nervous system
- Treats sleep disorder, depression, etc.
- Treats symptoms of multiple sclerosis
- With every session, the body loses 500 – 1,500 calories depending on one's metabolism
- Metabolism activation of faster calorie burning
- Successful weight control
- Fights cellulite
- Increases the production of collagen
- Firms the skin
- Slows down ageing
- Strengthens the hair and nails
- Treats blotches and skin discolouration
- Activates the natural biological regeneration of the body
How is a cryosauna session carried out?
The visitor enters the cryosauna wearing special boots, underwear and gloves. The operator lifts the base of the chamber so that the visitor's shoulders can be aligned with the top part of the chamber.
The cryosauna is filled with a frozen mixture of air and nitrogen vapours. The visitor slowly starts to move. Due to the total absence of moisture in the mixture of air surrounding the visitor, the session is comfortable and pleasant compared to a freezing cold bath.
During the session in the cryosauna, the operator always remains near the machine and monitors the visitor's condition. Each session lasts 1 to 3 minutes. If necessary, the chamber's door can also be opened from the inside by the visitor.
Once the session is over, the base of the chamber is lowered and the visitor can exit the cryosauna.
As soon as the visitor comes out of the cryosauna, our qualified staff measures their blood pressure, pulse, blood oxygen and body temperature in order to ensure that there is no significant change.
Immediately thereafter, once the visitor is dressed and if the circumstances permit, the visitor goes on the stationary bicycle for a few minutes. By riding the bicycle for a few minutes after a session in the cryosauna, the blood flows to the muscles more rapidly, resulting in faster recovery.
After a few minutes of cycling, the visitor will be ready to experience the initial and direct benefits of their session in the cryosauna, namely a sense of mental and physical well-being.
◆ Activates endorphins
◆ Boosts good psychological condition
◆ Improves memory
◆ Reduces stress
◆ Stimulates the immune system
◆ Improves circulation
◆ Fights inflammations
◆ Fights muscle pains
◆ Reduces cellulite
◆ Controls weight
◆ Produces collagen
◆ Firms the skin
Certified Center of Cryosauna Hellas